We all have that homeowner “to do list” swarming around in our head. As we move around our home, our eyes catch another item that needs to be dealt with. These tasks are not urgent, just nagging and multiplying all of the time. Keeping our home well maintained is important, and if we don’t it might lead to bigger, more expensive repairs. But now it is December and there is no way we can possibly deal with this “list” before the New Year, or can we?
Finding A Quality Handyman
At Who To Call, we have many inquiries about who to contact to tackle a specific job. A good quality handyman can take on most small home repairs as well as some larger ones. Their skill set is hugely varied and hiring one person allows you to take full advantage of that. Check out Who To Call for a list of Calgary handyman available to help. If you need more information, just email us, and we will guide you through what a handyman can take on and what you should call a specialist for. Establishing a relationship with a reliable handyman will eliminate a lot of stress about future “to do lists” that are, let’s face it, an inevitable part of owning a home.
The Economics Work
Hiring one person to come into your home and work their way through your list; leaking faucets, drywall repair, paint touch ups, broken cupboard, leaning fence and the list goes on, can be more economical than you think. Finding and hiring individual renovation pros for each of these items would be a lot more costly and time consuming. There are, however, times when a specialized professional is needed and most often, if you have a great handyman, they would readily admit that the job you present to them is better handled by that person. If your home has a severe or prevailing issue, it is most likely better handled by a specialized and licensed contractor that has the expertise to diagnose and fix the problem. Handyman services are maintenance related, a home renovation is a different type of project so keep that in mind when drawing the line between who does what.
Setting The Date With Your Handyman!
- You have found an available quality Handyman, hopefully on Who To Call or through another trusted source and you have arranged a meeting. What’s the best way to maximize the benefit of this find?
- Be armed with a list and ideally communicate that list to your chosen handyman before their arrival. They often travel in fully equipped vans but chances are there is something on your list that they may need to pick up supplies for. Being prepared saves you money.
- Handyman services are normally charged out on an hourly basis. Prices can range considerably. If there is a larger project to be completed, you might want to agree on a fixed quote before the work begins.
- Set some timelines to complete the list. It is great that you have found someone to work with but you do not want your list to take weeks to complete
- Bottom line is that good and open communication will result in a long, mutually beneficial relationship with your Handyman.